We remain open to provide care for your pets. We are following the direction of government and regulatory authorities and have implemented hospital and visit protocols to keep both you and our team safe. For regular updates on our hours and visit protocols, please follow our social media platforms.
At Van Isle Veterinary Hospital, we are pleased to offer multiple imaging and diagnostic services such as ultrasound, endoscopy and digital x-ray. Our digital x-ray is one of our most used and relied upon diagnostic tools. There are multiple advantages to digital x-ray such as their efficiency and reduced time to acquire images, which can mean less stress for your cat. Images can also be modified and enhanced using computer software for better diagnostics and emailed in a timely manner to specialists for advanced interpretation. Our digital images can be reviewed in just about every room of the hospital within a matter of minutes. The ultrasound in another valuable diagnostic tool which is a non-invasive, pain free procedure. ultrasounds allow us to examine the architecture of internal organs in more detail then an x-ray and is most often used for abdominal scans to detect fluid or abnormalities of the organs, for pregnancy confirmation, detect urinary bladder diseases or soft tissue mass examination.
All of our radiography is performed with computer-generated imaging. The form that we use is the most direct form of imaging and is known as DR. The images are received by a digital plate in the x-ray machine, which immediately sends the information to a computer which converts it to a digital image on a computer screen. This image is available within seconds and can be viewed on all 27 work stations within the hospital. Digital images can be used to detect broken bones, soft tissue injuries, pregnancies, foreign bodies and growths or abnormalities in the body cavity such as an enlarged heart, lung issues or abnormal organs.
Does the clinic also do feline dental x-rays?
Yes, at Van Isle Veterinary Hospital we are pleased to offer feline digital dental x-rays. Dental x-rays are useful tools to detect otherwise unseen decay and disease below the gumline.
How much does it cost for feline x-rays?
The cost of digital x-rays can vary depending on what kind of images are being captured and why. As we offer a wide range of services with our digital x-ray it is best to call the hospital to obtain an accurate quote. Sometimes we may also need to refer your cat’s x-rays to a specialist for further interpretation, which can also affect the cost. Please give our hospital a call at 250-334-8400 for more information.
Van Isle Veterinary Hospital is super excited to be hosting our 4th annual cupcake day fundraiser! BCSPCA celebrates “Treat Week” across the Province from Feb 24th – March 1st 2020 where business, pet owners and animal lovers can bake up a storm and sell treats with the proceeds going to BC animals in need.
Due to the close contact that our work requires, we have taken additional measures to protect you and our team while providing care for your furry family members.
The following changes are effective as of Friday, March 19, 2020:
1. We are currently operating a “closed waiting room” policy to protect our clients and staff. When you arrive, please remain in your vehicle and use your cell phone to call us at 250.334.8400. We will take a history of your pet from outside your car, and bring your pet into the clinic for an examination with the veterinarian. Once the examination is finished, the Doctor will either call you or come out to talk to you to discuss the treatment etc for your pet. For those who do not have a mobile phone, an easy knock at the door will work the same way!
2. We are continuing to accept appointments for urgent or sick pets, as well as time-sensitive puppy/kitten vaccinations. All other services will be scheduled for a later time.
3. We are OPEN and temporarily operating as a 24-hour hospital.
4. If you are ordering food or medications, please allow 2-4 business days as our suppliers are dealing with increased demand and are trying to fill orders as quickly as possible. We will advise you as soon as your order arrives. Please call us when you arrive to pick up your order, but do not enter the hospital. Our staff will bring your order to your car and take payment over the phone. You can also use our online store and have your food delivered directly to your home. To sign up for the Online Store, visit our website.
5. For the time being, we are not accepting cash as payment. Credit cards and debit card payments are still available.
6. Online consultations are now available! If you wish to connect with a veterinarian via message, phone or video, visit our website and follow the "Online Consultation" link.
Following the recommendations of our government and medical experts, we are doing our best to practice social distancing within the constraints of our roles. As such, we have taken measures to avoid both contracting and facilitating the spread of this virus.
Thank you for helping us be diligent for everyone's safety. As we have heard from all levels of government, the situation is fluid and any updates will be provided as changes occur.
- Your dedicated team at Van Isle Veterinary Hospital