We remain open to provide care for your pets. We are following the direction of government and regulatory authorities and have implemented hospital and visit protocols to keep both you and our team safe. For regular updates on our hours and visit protocols, please follow our social media platforms.
Van Isle Veterinary Hospital offers 24-hour on-call after-hours service and we do not refer or share our after-hours emergency calls with other veterinary hospitals. Because we have a large team of veterinarians and support staff, we can rotate our call schedule within our own facility. We always have a veterinarian and support staff available by telephone for your after-hour needs. Your pet’s medical records, blood work, x-rays and past history is accessible to all our veterinarians while on call.
Van Isle Veterinary Hospital is located in Courtenay at 1111 Braidwood Road. We are right beside the Prime Chophouse across the street from the Ryan Road RBC and Credit Union.
Are you a 24-hour vet hospital?
Van Isle Veterinary Hospital is not a 24-hour vet hospital, however, we have a veterinarian on call 24-hours, 7 days a week including statutory holidays. The difference being that a 24-hour veterinary hospital is open to the public and staffed 24 hours a day while we are not. After hours, our vets are at home and rely on our answering service to page them when an emergency call is required. We are staffed and open 7 days a week (not including statutory holidays) with extended hours in the evenings Monday to Friday for your convenience.
Van Isle Veterinary Hospital is super excited to be hosting our 4th annual cupcake day fundraiser! BCSPCA celebrates “Treat Week” across the Province from Feb 24th – March 1st 2020 where business, pet owners and animal lovers can bake up a storm and sell treats with the proceeds going to BC animals in need.
Due to the close contact that our work requires, we have taken additional measures to protect you and our team while providing care for your furry family members.
The following changes are effective as of Friday, March 19, 2020:
1. We are currently operating a “closed waiting room” policy to protect our clients and staff. When you arrive, please remain in your vehicle and use your cell phone to call us at 250.334.8400. We will take a history of your pet from outside your car, and bring your pet into the clinic for an examination with the veterinarian. Once the examination is finished, the Doctor will either call you or come out to talk to you to discuss the treatment etc for your pet. For those who do not have a mobile phone, an easy knock at the door will work the same way!
2. We are continuing to accept appointments for urgent or sick pets, as well as time-sensitive puppy/kitten vaccinations. All other services will be scheduled for a later time.
3. We are OPEN and temporarily operating as a 24-hour hospital.
4. If you are ordering food or medications, please allow 2-4 business days as our suppliers are dealing with increased demand and are trying to fill orders as quickly as possible. We will advise you as soon as your order arrives. Please call us when you arrive to pick up your order, but do not enter the hospital. Our staff will bring your order to your car and take payment over the phone. You can also use our online store and have your food delivered directly to your home. To sign up for the Online Store, visit our website.
5. For the time being, we are not accepting cash as payment. Credit cards and debit card payments are still available.
6. Online consultations are now available! If you wish to connect with a veterinarian via message, phone or video, visit our website and follow the "Online Consultation" link.
Following the recommendations of our government and medical experts, we are doing our best to practice social distancing within the constraints of our roles. As such, we have taken measures to avoid both contracting and facilitating the spread of this virus.
Thank you for helping us be diligent for everyone's safety. As we have heard from all levels of government, the situation is fluid and any updates will be provided as changes occur.
- Your dedicated team at Van Isle Veterinary Hospital