We remain open to provide care for your pets. We are following the direction of government and regulatory authorities and have implemented hospital and visit protocols to keep both you and our team safe. For regular updates on our hours and visit protocols, please follow our social media platforms.
Welcome to Van Isle Veterinary Hospital in Courtenay, British Columbia
Note: We are currently operating as a 24-hour hospital to meet the increased demand for veterinary services in our community.
Van Isle Veterinary Hospital has been providing veterinary care for small animals in the Comox Valley since 2001. It is our goal to provide an open and honest environment where we can maintain good communication with our clients and encourage their participation in the decision-making process. We strive to achieve the trust and understanding of our clients and their companions and believe in the value of treating every patient (big or small) as an individual.
Our hospital is located in the City of Courtenay, close to the Superstore complex, and across from the Royal Bank and Credit Union. To better serve our clients and fellow pet lovers of the Comox Valley, we made the decision in 2014 to open our doors 7 days a week! On Sundays, we only book appointments the day of, with emergencies and the critically sick being seen first. We also offer a 24-hour on-call after-hours service and we do not refer or rotate our after-hours emergency calls with other veterinary hospitals. Because we have a large team of veterinary doctors and support staff, we can share our call schedule within our own facility and your pet’s medical records, blood work, x-rays and past history is accessible to all our veterinarians while on-call to better assist you and your pet with any after-hours emergency needs.
Van Isle Veterinary Hospital is honoured to have been awarded the Reader’s Choice Best Veterinary Hospital 2019 Award for the fifth year in a row. This award is presented to a business that has a positive impact on the community as a whole and whose vision encompasses both the priorities of the community along with a high degree of business excellence.
To learn more about our hospital, please watch our video!
Van Isle Veterinary Hospital is super excited to be hosting our 4th annual cupcake day fundraiser! BCSPCA celebrates “Treat Week” across the Province from Feb 24th – March 1st 2020 where business, pet owners and animal lovers can bake up a storm and sell treats with the proceeds going to BC animals in need.
Due to the close contact that our work requires, we have taken additional measures to protect you and our team while providing care for your furry family members.
The following changes are effective as of Friday, March 19, 2020:
1. We are currently operating a “closed waiting room” policy to protect our clients and staff. When you arrive, please remain in your vehicle and use your cell phone to call us at 250.334.8400. We will take a history of your pet from outside your car, and bring your pet into the clinic for an examination with the veterinarian. Once the examination is finished, the Doctor will either call you or come out to talk to you to discuss the treatment etc for your pet. For those who do not have a mobile phone, an easy knock at the door will work the same way!
2. We are continuing to accept appointments for urgent or sick pets, as well as time-sensitive puppy/kitten vaccinations. All other services will be scheduled for a later time.
3. We are OPEN and temporarily operating as a 24-hour hospital.
4. If you are ordering food or medications, please allow 2-4 business days as our suppliers are dealing with increased demand and are trying to fill orders as quickly as possible. We will advise you as soon as your order arrives. Please call us when you arrive to pick up your order, but do not enter the hospital. Our staff will bring your order to your car and take payment over the phone. You can also use our online store and have your food delivered directly to your home. To sign up for the Online Store, visit our website.
5. For the time being, we are not accepting cash as payment. Credit cards and debit card payments are still available.
6. Online consultations are now available! If you wish to connect with a veterinarian via message, phone or video, visit our website and follow the "Online Consultation" link.
Following the recommendations of our government and medical experts, we are doing our best to practice social distancing within the constraints of our roles. As such, we have taken measures to avoid both contracting and facilitating the spread of this virus.
Thank you for helping us be diligent for everyone's safety. As we have heard from all levels of government, the situation is fluid and any updates will be provided as changes occur.
- Your dedicated team at Van Isle Veterinary Hospital