We remain open to provide care for your pets. We are following the direction of government and regulatory authorities and have implemented hospital and visit protocols to keep both you and our team safe. For regular updates on our hours and visit protocols, please follow our social media platforms.
Pictured below with Craig Daniell – CEO, BCSPCA and Jennifer Gore – President BCSPCA.
“The team at Van Isle Veterinary Hospital in the Comox Valley always goes above and beyond to help the animals in the BC SPCA’s care. Since opening their doors in 2001, the entire team has been strong advocates for homeless and abused animals. They generously donate their time or provide significantly discounted prices to the SPCA and regularly work overtime on BC SPCA animals at no cost. Their dedication to the community’s most vulnerable animals and their ongoing support has helped save so many animal lives. Van Isle Veterinary Hospital staff have fostered animals, assisted with animal cruelty seizures and even professionally groomed SPCA animals at no charge. In addition, the hospital sponsors and supports BC SPCA fundraising events each year.” – BCSPCA
“We are thrilled to see them provincially recognized for the work that they do right here in the Comox Valley for our community’s animals” – Emily Priestly, Comox SPCA
“Supporting our community and helping local animals in need is a culture we’ve easily embraced. Not only do we take pride in what we do, but working alongside the SPCA has become a part of our identity over the past 16 yrs. We enjoy any opportunity to support our local shelter and sick or injured pets through local fundraisers such as our annual National Cup Cake Days (thank goodness we have Sherry – our animal health technician/cupcake baker extraordinaire!), Paws for a Cause gold sponsors, open houses, the Pet Smart Grant, SPCA kids camps and even the use of our own Oscar Fund to help those special cases and pets who need some extra TLC. We look forward to working together for many years to come ” – Candice Pacholuk, Manager, VIVH
Van Isle Veterinary Hospital is super excited to be hosting our 4th annual cupcake day fundraiser! BCSPCA celebrates “Treat Week” across the Province from Feb 24th – March 1st 2020 where business, pet owners and animal lovers can bake up a storm and sell treats with the proceeds going to BC animals in need.
Due to the close contact that our work requires, we have taken additional measures to protect you and our team while providing care for your furry family members.
The following changes are effective as of Friday, March 19, 2020:
1. We are currently operating a “closed waiting room” policy to protect our clients and staff. When you arrive, please remain in your vehicle and use your cell phone to call us at 250.334.8400. We will take a history of your pet from outside your car, and bring your pet into the clinic for an examination with the veterinarian. Once the examination is finished, the Doctor will either call you or come out to talk to you to discuss the treatment etc for your pet. For those who do not have a mobile phone, an easy knock at the door will work the same way!
2. We are continuing to accept appointments for urgent or sick pets, as well as time-sensitive puppy/kitten vaccinations. All other services will be scheduled for a later time.
3. We are OPEN and temporarily operating as a 24-hour hospital.
4. If you are ordering food or medications, please allow 2-4 business days as our suppliers are dealing with increased demand and are trying to fill orders as quickly as possible. We will advise you as soon as your order arrives. Please call us when you arrive to pick up your order, but do not enter the hospital. Our staff will bring your order to your car and take payment over the phone. You can also use our online store and have your food delivered directly to your home. To sign up for the Online Store, visit our website.
5. For the time being, we are not accepting cash as payment. Credit cards and debit card payments are still available.
6. Online consultations are now available! If you wish to connect with a veterinarian via message, phone or video, visit our website and follow the "Online Consultation" link.
Following the recommendations of our government and medical experts, we are doing our best to practice social distancing within the constraints of our roles. As such, we have taken measures to avoid both contracting and facilitating the spread of this virus.
Thank you for helping us be diligent for everyone's safety. As we have heard from all levels of government, the situation is fluid and any updates will be provided as changes occur.
- Your dedicated team at Van Isle Veterinary Hospital