Join us Thursday, May 31st at 6:30 pm for a presentation and “Ask the Vet” session with Dr. Alex Muzzin on everything you need to know about parasites and your pet!
- Learn about the ticks in our area and the risks associated with tick-borne diseases.
- How to remove and prevent ticks from transmitting diseases to your pet.
- Signs and symptoms of Lyme disease.
- Tacking fleas in the Comox Valley: How to rid an infestation in your home.
- Skin allergies and other health risks associated with fleas.
- The scoop on Giardia! One of the most prevalent parasites in our area, what are the signs and how to treat.
This informative evening will also include light snacks and refreshments as well as door prizes and a chance to tour behind the scenes of Van Isle Veterinary Hospital.
Have you picked up your flea and tick prevention yet this season? If not, now is a great time to do so! We are having a draw for two amazing pet care baskets with the purchase of any flea, tick or internal parasite control. Draw ends June 30th, 2018.
Written by Van Isle Veterinary Hospital